Road Trip Tunes


Summer is the time for swimming pools, ice cold sweet tea, and road trips. And every summer road trip needs its very own playlist.

Unfortunately, I'll be staying home this summer. So no road trips for me this year. But, a few years ago I took a road trip to my old stomping grounds at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. I put together a killer playlist full of '90s songs to remind me of my college days. Good times!

So, for y'all who are heading out on your summer road trip here is a totally fun and retro '80s playlist. 


RetroGirl's '80s Road Trip 
Vacation :: The Go-Go's
I Drove All Night :: Cyndi Lauper
Xanadu :: Olivia Newton John & ELO
Sentimental Street :: Night Ranger
Born to Run :: Bruce Springsteen
Jessie's Girl :: Rick Springfield
Suddenly Last Summer :: The Motels
Panama :: Van Halen
Down Under :: Men at Work 
Holiday Road :: Lindsey Buckingham
Livin' on a Prayer :: Bon Jovi
Cruel Summer :: Bananarama
Come on Eileen :: Dexys Midnight Runners
Back in Black :: AC/DC
Gyspy :: Fleetwood Mac
Paradise City :: Guns N' Roses
Rio :: Duran Duran
I Ran :: Flock of Seagulls
Freeway of Love :: Aretha Franklin
867-5309 Jenny :: Tommy Tutone
Cum on Feel the Noize :: Quiet Riot
Lucky Star :: Madonna
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For :: U2
Take on Me :: a-ha
Don't You (Forget About Me) :: Simple Minds


Try to not rock out too much while you are driving this summer. Have fun and safe travels!

No comments