2017 is gonna be so RETRO

 
Now I know I just posted yesterday about My One Word and I said I wasn’t going to focus on any expectations in 2017, but I do want to make some blog/shop goals and really stick to them this year.  I thought I’d share them here so you can see how often I’ll be posting, what topics I will be covering in the new year, and the direction that my Etsy shop is headed.

Blog Post Schedule

I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself, so I am going to keep it simple and sweet. Starting next week I’ll be posting once a month. For the weeks where I find I have more time I’ll post more, but for now, count on there being a new blog post once a month. I will also be posting whenever I add new items to both shops: Retro Girl Design and Retro Girl Destash.



What This Blog Is About

I’m going to really try to stick to one main topic: my handmade items in my shop. This is what I’m passionate about and really what this blog is all about. Let’s break  it down a little further.

  • Shop – My shop is really going to take a different direction later this year. For right now I am focusing on felt food and toys, but to be honest, I’ve been there and done that. I love making felt goodies, but it is time for a change. So there will be plenty of felt food to go around early this year. I am working on some new items and will get some sold items back in the shop. But I’ve been watching a lot of really great classes online about growing your business and they have gotten me thinking about the direction that I want my shop to go. I’ll talk a bit more about this and the totally awesome classes I took later this month.

A Few More Topics

A few more topics that might find their way onto the blog are my writing, crafts, and retro/vintage items.

  • Writing – I am currently writing a novel that takes place in the ’80s. This is another reason why my time is limited. I’ve been working on this novel for almost two years now and I really think 2017 will be the year I finally get it done and published.
  • Crafts – While I’ll be blogging about my crafts mostly on my craft blog, Crafting with Cat Hair, you might see a crochet, sewing, or cross-stitch post pop up from time to time. I also try to dabble in some DIY projects here and there, but we’ll say those three craft mediums are what I do best.
  • Retro/Vintage – This covers anything ’70s and ’80s related. There might be some talk of other decades too, but those two decades are my favorite. I also have some retro-inspired books on my to-read list this year, so I might write a review or two.

I can feel it. 2017 is gonna be so RETRO!

No comments